Monday, September 14, 2015

A porcupine, a fox and a lynx met in a bar...

Porcupine - ubiquitous across Alaska


I'm not really a wildlife artist, but here are some wildlife drawings I recently completed for a special project. Some of them are just so-so, but in general I think they came out alright--especially considering that none of the drawings are over 3 1/2" x 5".

Little brown bat--the only bat that is native to Alaska.  A 3 1/2" x 5" drawing would actually have the bat about life size. They are tiny, with a wing span of only 8".
Caribou skull lying on the tundra--a not uncommon sight.
 Red fox--they can be found during winter in the woods behind my house.
Lynx. Rarely seen--the few times I have spotted one it was sitting by the edge of a road, sunning itself like a house cat
Wolf. Again--rarely seen in civilized areas. Usually glimpsed at a distance. The only time I got close to one was in the middle of winter just outside Beaver Creek in the Yukon. I was in a car and he stared me down from the side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment