Ray Bonnell's art and ramblings in Interior Alaska
Sunday, May 20, 2012
Presbyterian church in Fairbanks, Alaska - 1910
This drawing shows the Presbyterian church in Fairbanks as it looked in 1910. The Presbyterians were one of the first denominations to establish churches in the fledgling town, building a small wood-frame sanctuary at the corner of Cushman Street and Seventh Avenue in 1904. The church manse (to the right) was built in 1908. A new sanctuary now sits at this site, and the old church building is located at Pioneer Park.